CherryPie is a simple yet powerful mobile marketing automation platform, meticulously designed and crafted for marketers and agencies. CherryPie enables businesses to propel customer engagement, drive physical world transactions/revenue, and stimulate sustainable loyalty by leveraging native mobile wallet applications and beacon technology.
CherryPie is now upon us, meaning that marketers now have access to an entirely new form of mobile marketing automation. Each week, I’ll walk you through a tutorial on how to get the most out of your experience with CherryPie. This week, I’ll cover push notifications within CherryPie.
Push notifications allow you a direct line to your consumers. A good push notification gives the customer value and helps build a relationship between your business and your customers. And with CherryPie, sending push notifications to your customers has never been easier.
Example 1: Sending Updates/News/Promotions
You’ll need to have already created an offer and activated your campaign. You can check out this blog post for more information on how to do that.
1. Click on ‘Offers’ and select an offer that you have already created.
2. Click on ‘Design’ and click on ‘Back’ to flip to the back of the pass.
3. Add another field on the back of the pass by clicking on the green plus icon and type in Updates in the ‘Label’ field.
4. Enter in a message in the ‘Value’ field that is relevant to the offer/campaign.
5. Type %@ in the ‘Lockscreen Message’ field. The ‘%@’ is a shortcode which is used to show a new message on the lock screen.
6. Save your offer. If you already have the pass in your phone, simply flip to the back of the pass and pull down to refresh with the latest update.
7. Go back to CherryPie and change the ‘Value’ field to a different message.
8. Click ‘Save’ and once it’s saved, click on ‘Send Push’. This will send a push update to all devices with the updated message.
9. Here’s what users will see on their lockscreen.
Example 2: Showing Changes in Value
What if you want to show users a lock screen update when a value on their pass changes? For example – an increase in loyalty points, stored value card balance deduction, the time of an event changes, or a customers’ seat number changes.
It’s simple – and you’ll use the exact same shortcode ‘%@’.
In the ‘Lockscreen Message’ field, simply enter ‘You have %@ points’. The %@ is the new updated value and the text around it adds more context to the user seeing the message.
Similar to above, you can add text to give more context to the user. In this case, if we change the time of an event, users will be notified with the updated message on their lock screen.
Keep in mind the following when creating your campaigns and sending push updates to your customers:
- You can only send a push update once every 10 minutes
- The shortcode ‘%@’ simply takes the newly updated value and displays it in the lockscreen.
- Use ‘%@’ anywhere you want a lockscreen message to show a change the ‘Value’ message of that field.
- Use ‘%@’ with some text to give it context (i.e. Today’s special: %@).
If you have any comments or questions let me know in the comments below!